SysInfo™ Features and Benefits
- Easy integration. You can easily integrate SysInfo
into your own CMDB or application using the SysInfo Java API or by parsing the SysInfo XML or
field delimited output.
- System configuration at a glance. You can quickly see a system's hardware and software configuration. This can be very useful when a System Administrator is trouble-shooting a system problem.
- Hardware problem diagnostics aid. You can quickly see what hardware is present and how it's configured.
- Asset information collection. You can quickly and automatically extract detailed hardware and software asset information from your UNIX, Linux, Mac, and Windows based systems. That information can then be placed in a central file or web repository, or fed into a database using command line output or the Perl API or the C API.
- Disaster Recovery preparation. You can acquire all the vital system configuration information you need to recover from a disaster or perform a "bare metal" system build. You can extract detailed hardware, software, and system configuration data and store it in a central file repository or feed it into a database using command line output, the Perl API, or the C API.
- Cross-platform scripting. SysInfo™ is a great foundation tool for building your multi-platform scripts and programs on. SysInfo™ eliminates the need for your scripts and programs to know all the OS specific details of how to obtain the information you need. This can lead to much faster development time and reduce support costs through standardization of your tool set.
Automation Made Simple
Do you write shell scripts and programs on multiple platforms? You can replace line after line of OS dependent code with a single call to SysInfo. This can save you a tremendous amount of time maintaining and supporting your automation because SysInfo takes care of all the OS dependencies. You can stop worrying about your automation breaking due to OS dependencies when you upgrade your OS.
Porting your automation to a completely new platform is also dramatically easier because SysInfo knows your new platform, not your automation.
SysInfo provides easy command line output as well as a Perl and C API to make larger projects a snap.
Broad Data Reporting
Not only does SysInfo provide very deep levels of information but it also provides a very broad, rich range of data including:
- Hardware inventory
- Storage (Logical) Volumes
- Storage Systems (SAN, NAS)
- Storage (disk) filesystems and partitions
- Software package inventory
- Software license inventory
- Network configuration information
- Network interface information
- Kernel parameters
- System configuration parameters
- System model name
- System serial number
- System architectures
- CPU type/model/speed/etc
- Host network addresses
- Kernel version
- Main memory (RAM)
- Manufacturer and model of hardware
- Operating system distribution
- Operating system name
- Operating system version
- Virtual Machine software Name/Vendor
- Virtual Machine guests